Monday, December 7, 2009

Lake Medina, North of San Antonio


I normally wait until we have completed our stay in an area before I write about my thoughts and experience, but I have some pictures to share. This campground is practically a nature preserve. And you know me and critters... meet my new best friend. He is standing at the door of the RV staring at me through the window waiting for me to give him something to eat. He eats apples from my hand. He follows me around the campsite when I take Sydney out to walk.... even the dog doesn't keep him away.... the distance is further but not much.

And John has made an impression with the ladies too..... the minute he walks out the door of the RV, they come running....  in herds.
The deer here are smaller than in PA.... but the rabbitts make up the difference. I have never seen such huge rabbitts....jackrabbitts. Much to Sydney's dismay they are VERY FAST.
I have a flock of Cardinals in the trees outside my window. I also saw a roadrunner yesterday. I am told the park is usualy full of them in the summer months but right now there is one left that didn't migrate yet.
We met 2 other couples here that will be in the same Arizona park over Christmas that we'll be in. We were invited to join their parking area in Quartzsite in January. That's a story for another day.
Today we found another gem.... Boerne. The town came straight from a Dickens story. Tomorrow is San Antonio and the river walk with our Arizona bound friends Dale & Linda Francis.

1 comment:

Teri & Mark said...

Just found your blog Sharon & John. Great pictures of local wildlife. Mark and I are very near San Antonio running an RV park. We too have some deer but not nearly as many as we saw there. We also have sighted cougar, an occasional alligator since the Medina River goes through our property, havalina, very friendly raccoons and scores of Texas birds. Hope your visit to San Antonio is fun and if you liked Boerne, Fredericksburg is another very neat old fashioned German town to visit. Where are you from in PA? I was born in Lansdale @ 50 mi outside of Philly.