Monday, January 31, 2011

The Rose

 Our friends Ray/Millie and Mike/Sherri are full time RVers that we camp with in Quartzsite. One day we decided to have a "Harass-the-dealer" day.   Many RV dealers bring rigs to sell during the RV show held yearly during January. So the 6 of us set off to look at coaches and see how many sales people we could harass. Little did we know.......
Meet "The Rose". She is a 2003 Rexall, 39 foot long, diesel pusher (diesel engine in the rear, instead of the front)......  and she is now ours.  John and I had been looking at used motor homes for a year waiting to find a diesel pusher class A that has some of the things our gas powered coach didn't.
She has 2 slides, one in the living room, one in the bedroom. She has a dinette instead of a booth, a television in the living room that actually faces the couch (not common in motor homes), an electric fireplace in the living room, a walk through bath and several closets in the bedroom. She came with 3 solar panels on the roof and a bra ( the black covering on the front that protects the front from bugs and stone damage). Here are some pictures after we moved all our things from one coach to the other. We put them side by side and our friends pitched in to move everything. It took days for me to find an initial place for everything and I'm sure I will be adjusting as I find better places. I also have a few other changes in mind as I find the window treatments too busy for my taste. These are minor things to change.

The fireplace is below the TV and is also a heater for cool evenings.

A small china cabinet is between the dining and kitchen areas. Lots of windows to enjoy the scenery.


I'll keep you updated on any changes.
OMG...... I forgot the most important thing!!!  It has a satellite dome on top..... No More Antennas !!!!

No comments: