Wednesday, June 5, 2013

SCENIC SNAKE RIVER...... IDAHO

Hello again. I told you I would type at you soon so here I am. I have much more to say when we are on the road than when we are sitting still. Wendy and Millie, do you remember me telling you that I had seen on TV that solo was coming out with wine glass and champagne glass versions of their red solo cups? Guess what I found in Moab... yep... and I had to have a pair ( of the wine... we don't do champagne). Here they are.
 
All I need now is a bag of wine, some Ritz crackers and a can of cheese whiz for a real red-neck happy hour. 
We left Moab on May 28th and spent 2 nights at Camp Walmarts on the way to Idaho. In Perry Utah a late afternoon storm blew in and provided us with some interesting photo ops.
 
We arrived in Wendall Idaho on the 30th of May and stayed for 3 days. We explored several areas and we both got to see things interesting to each of us. John got to see the only bridge in the US where Base Jumpers can jump (at Twin Falls across the Snake River) and the place beside the bridge where Evil Knevil made his jump attempt across the river.
 

I got to see and enjoy the beautiful Shonshone Falls and the remaining 1 of the twin falls for which the town of Twin Falls is named after. They damned one up for hydroelectric power.
 

We had a picnic lunch at Three Island State Park where the early settlers traveling the Oregon Trail crossed the Snake River. What a nice place.
We left there on the 2nd of June and hit Oregon that evening. We stayed in a rest area overnight (you can do that in Oregon...... but you can't pump your own gas). We are now about 20 miles South of Bend Oregon for a few days waiting for the snow to melt at Crater Lake. Yes, I said snow.... in June, still on the ground at the campground.
 

 
 
 

No comments: