Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Wedding

As I mentioned before the first phase of our journey this year was to Poughkeepsie NY to attend my niece's wedding. We traveled up the day before and stayed in the Walmart parking lot in Fishkill. It was a very nice place actually. They cut the grass just after we arrived so we had a manicured lawn at our doorstep, blooming mums and quiet shoppers. But the wedding.... absolutely beautiful. It was held outdoors next to the Hudson river. Here is a picture of the pavillion where they exchanged vows and the tent where the dinner was served.

And here is the happy couple.....
There was plenty of food and drink. We all had a good time. A few of my sisters and their spouses as well as one of my brothers were able to make the trip. My eldest son, just home from a gallery show in France, came up from New York city and a favorite cousin from Pa also attended. Here is the family rogues gallery. 

No comments: