Thursday, January 26, 2012

Trip to the Q

Just a short note about our trip to Quartzsite AZ.... On Thursday we got ready to leave Medina Lake Texas, which means we put breakables away, secured others, washed the front windows and various other tasks we routinely perform. Friday morning we put in the slides, pulled up the jacks and moved to a level open space to hook up the jeep. After checking lights and tow bar extension, I entered the RV and to my surprise, imprinted on the front window was the outline of a bird. I asked John if he heard one hit the windshield when he moved the RV, but he said no. We decided that our trip would be guarded by the Holy Ghost. All the way to Arizona we did not wash the window. What do you think..... would you have washed it away?

Well it worked! As we were traveling down the road I remembered that I didn't check to make sure the steps retracted all the way. Not thinking, I opened the door window and stuck my head out to look. Say goodbye to my glasses.... blew right off my face. I yelled and John pulled over to the side of the road. Now a 39 foot motor home does not stop on a dime... so there was quite a distance from where the glasses went flying and where we stopped. We walked back and found them unharmed on the shoulder of the road. We made it to Quartzsite in 3 days with no other problems.

No comments: